Building a Compassionate Relationship with Yourself
This group offers insight into the ways we lack compassion for ourselves, how that impacts us, and how we can speak God’s truth and grace into our interactions with ourselves. This transformational way of interacting with ourselves then flows out to others.
Therapist: Kathy Di Giacomo MFTI(# 73272)
Dates: Meets for days best for all involved, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Cost: $180.00 for the 6 week program
Meets at: Sonora – 101 Forest Rd. office
This group will use the book & CD, “Building a Compassionate Relationship with Yourself” by Kim Fredrickson.
We will gain some understanding of why self-compassion is so hard to extend to ourselves, as well as provide hope and practical help to learn and grow in our ability to relate to ourselves in healthy and gracious ways. This book is filled with compassionate dialogues to extend to yourself, practical exercises to relate positively to yourself, as well as self-soothing skills to calm yourself.
This Group provides:
- Insight into the ways we lack compassion for ourselves, how that impacts us, and how we can speak God’s truth and grace into our lives
- An understanding of how we become divided against ourselves on the inside, and ways to heal this
- Ways to build inner strength and help heal from life’s hurts
- Scripts of how to respond compassionately to yourself when you don’t have the words to say
- What it looks like to have a gracious compassionate relationship with yourself in the areas of self-talk, self-soothing, and self-care
- The Biblical foundation that self-compassion is based upon
- Practical exercises and tools you can use to build this relationship with yourself
- Places for you to write down your thoughts and feelings
Confidentiality will provide strength, hope and connection. This Group will be limited to six members, and will be closed once the Group has begun. This Group will meet for 8 sessions.
CALL Kathy 209-536-4296 or email @ email@example.com to discuss the group and any questions you might have.