Mental Health is the most important commodity you have……………………
If you’re stuck working from home, unable to see your work colleagues from day to day, you may find yourself struggling with your mental health.
This is understandable, as often just seeing others can brighten your day. Very few want to be stuck at home all day, let alone have to work from home every day. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule.
Consider these ways to look after your mental health when working from home.
1. Try to Get into a Routine
It can be a challenge and isolating to work from home. Often, you may find your attention wandering, or you may be missing your work colleagues.
A routine can help you focus on your tasks.
Use these strategies:
- Have a space for work that is free of any distractions.
- Set a routine to get up and get started, take regular breaks including lunch, and finish work at a reasonable time.
- Avoid working in your pajamas.
- Set clear tasks for the day and prioritize them. Do the most important tasks first.
- When you finish work, clean up your workspace as you would in an office.
- If you’re homeschooling your children, it may be a good idea to let your superiors know. You’ll want to set up a routine of when you can work and when you can give your children the attention they need too.
2. Keep In Touch With Colleagues
To avoid becoming isolated while working from home, keep in touch with colleagues, both in a formal fashion and a more social one.
Try these techniques:
- Discuss with your colleagues when it is best to contact you and try to remain available during these times.
- Use video calling software for formal discussions.
- Follow up any video calls with a quick note to ensure that everyone is on the same page regarding the actions that need to be taken.
- You can also use video calling for more informal chats or use other messenger services if it is more appropriate.
- Check-in with the rest of the team at the end of the workday to get updates. These updates might be work-related, or you might use this time for personal updates.
Try to keep your work and social life separate. When working from home, it is easy for your work and social life to merge.
Not all of your colleagues will appreciate you sharing everything with them, so respect their boundaries, just as you expect them to respect yours.
3. Use Any Support Available
Working from home can be challenging, so if there is support available, make the most of it:
- Many employers will have support available for its employees, with dedicated apps and websites offering support.
- If you are currently struggling with a physical or mental health condition, your employer may be able to make reasonable adjustments to your work schedule, offer additional support from managers or other colleagues, and to provide equipment if needed.
- Look at the self-care techniques you’ve used in the past that have worked for you. You will have to be flexible sometimes, especially if you are stuck at home. For example, if you would usually go to the gym to relieve your issues, you could try working out from home using an online class.
Working from home is not for everyone. Some people will thrive in that environment while others will struggle. Keep these tips in mind, especially if you’re struggling. They can help you remain a productive worker while you’re stuck at home.
If you would like my two free e-books for setting clear boundaries & managing anxiety download them for free click here
P.S. It’s never been a better time to develop yourself than now. Women are doing INCREDIBLE things in our world, and you can too! Do you struggle with speaking up powerfully, trusting your own inner guidance to make the impact you want to make? That is part of what we do together to get you results.
Do you want inspirational tools for ways to manage anxiety and fear? Need to find peace and hope for the future? You can receive “live” coaching, strategies, and tools for whatever your needs are in this group. Go here to join
Experience for yourself the feeling of accomplishment with my free coaching call. No pressure, just bring to the call what you would like to overcome or accomplish in our call.
Schedule a FREE 45 minutes “Rapid Anxiety Results Coaching“ Breakthrough Session” or any current issue you are dealing with now. HERE
Kathy’s Confidence and Success Coaching & Seminars can help!
“I pray you are loved and empowered in all things”
P.S. I am committed to sharing with you the best of what I’ve learned for 30 years with confidence coaching and helping to inspire others.
Most of all I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to!
Hit reply or schedule above to let me know what your needs are and how I can help. And let’s connect on A Community for Confidence, Motivation, Extraordinary Growth and Vision